Friday, January 16, 2009

Painting Project

So, one of my pseudo resolutions for this year was to do more painting.  And to flex my artistic muscles as much as I could.. for I fear they have been atrophied over recent years..  This includes painting models for Hordes/Warmachine/Infinity as well as genuine artistic painting/drawing (fine art for the sake of fine art).  Painting is tricky.. its messy, and requires lots of room (which I don't have) so in that regard, I will be sticking to some drawing I think...and another problem.. I lack for inspiration a lot of times... 

But first up on the miniature painting block is a Hordes model.  One I've had for a while.. but its been kinda intimidating me.. so I haven't painted it yet.  The Warpwolf Extreme.  The "extreme" just means a special edition sculpt of the model, and its a very elaborate sculpt at that).  Here some pics of it..  before priming...


I have yet to decide on colors.. I have 3 other warpwolves in this army.. one is brown, one is black, and the other is a Pureblood Warpwolf who is white.  I am thinking maybe a reddish brown base and maybe some tan colored fur for the mane and such.. dunno.  Its a big model, and will take me some time to finish... I will keep track of my progress on here. Unfortunately I only have my crappy cell phone camera to take pictures with.  Here is a pic of the actual Privateer Press studio model, painted by the professionals... (aka: mine won't look like this one)

I do have a few other pseudo resolutions...(pseudo meaning.. I probably won't follow through with them... but its the thought that counts.)  I would like to eat healthier, maybe exercise a bit... and read more books.  Right now, I am failing at all of them.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you are keeping to the miniatures painting. You among all of us seemed to have the most passion and talent to persue it. Despite it not looking like the pros, I look forward to seeing your finished version of the fig