Wednesday, March 18, 2009

musings on a few things...

Life barrels on, as Mr. Folds says, "like a runaway train".. though my train seems to always travel to the same destination and only ever have one passenger.  But, I'm OK with that I guess.. things are going well.  Work has been pretty slow these last few months.. my boss actually laid off one of our employees.. (so we went from 4 to 3).  Hopefully things will pick up.  I am not worried about my job, its secure.. but its rough to see the business slowing.  This week brings about the end of two of my TV shows.. Battlestar Galactica airs its final episode this Friday.  I am expecting it to go out with a bang.  It has me saddened and excited.



Also, Friday is the season finale of Clone Wars. So that'll be over with until next fall I assume.  The last episode features a new character, a bounty hunter named Cad Bane.  He has a pseudo wild west style to him, and he is a Duro, one of my favorite Star Wars races... I am looking forward to seeing what he's like.   And it appears, that one of his lackeys is Aura Sing (a bounty hunter only glimpsed at in Episode I) so it should be a fun episode... this is one of the features of Clone Wars that I like... seeing some of these new or unknown characters get fleshed out some.

Dollhouse keeps getting more interesting... it could turn out to be a pretty good show.. but these first few episodes have struggled to really "find their place"... but the future looks bright.   Legend of the Seeker is still pretty good, the syndication schedule is kinda slow at times, with a couple weeks between episodes lately.. but it was confirmed that they picked it up for a second season.. so that's at least 13 more episodes once this season ends.  

Recently announced: Tori Amos has a new album due out in May.  So far one song has been heard "Welcome to England.  You can listen to it here.. for now... it may disappear.  Sounds reminiscent of Choirgirl Hotel and Scarlet's Walk... both good things.



And here s a better look at the album artwork.  Entitled "Abnormally Attracted to Sin"  I enjoyed both The Beekeeper and American Doll Posse, but neither really captivated me on an entire album level, each had their moments though.. hopefully this record will be more fully realized.

No comments: